-   -   How do I get the text from running off a page (have it skip to th. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22247-how-do-i-get-text-running-off-page-have-skip-th.html)

Amy Maestas

How do I get the text from running off a page (have it skip to th.

I need to be able to have text skip from one cell down to the next row
without it running off a page (hard return)

Gord Dibben

Amy

Not sure what you need here.

If you want text to stop at a certain point in a cell then drop down to next
cell below, just hit ENTER key whenever you choose.

If you want the text on more than one line in a cell, you can hit ALT + ENTER
to create a CR in the cell.

Or just type it all in one cell then choose Wrap Text and widen the column.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP