-   -   Populating a data validation list based on criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/222386-populating-data-validation-list-based-criteria.html)

Ciarán

Populating a data validation list based on criteria

Hi,

Is there any way of populating the data validation list of a cell
based on the selection in another list driven data validated cell?

For example:

Using the table below,

Col_A Col_B
1 Football
1 Running
2 Baseball
2 Swimming

I want Cell A2 to have the list options 1 and 2.
Then if the user selects 1 in Cell A2, I want the user to have the
options Football and Running in Cell B2.

Regards,
Ciarán

Stefi

Populating a data validation list based on criteria

See this page:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataval02.html

Regards,
Stefi

€žCiarán€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi,

Is there any way of populating the data validation list of a cell
based on the selection in another list driven data validated cell?

For example:

Using the table below,

Col_A Col_B
1 Football
1 Running
2 Baseball
2 Swimming

I want Cell A2 to have the list options 1 and 2.
Then if the user selects 1 in Cell A2, I want the user to have the
options Football and Running in Cell B2.

Regards,
Ciarán

Richard Edwards[_2_]

Populating a data validation list based on criteria

I asked that question yesterday and was given this:

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

worked well for me.

good luck

rich

"Ciarán" wrote in message

Is there any way of populating the data validation list of a cell
based on the selection in another list driven data validated cell?

For example:

Using the table below,

Col_A Col_B
1 Football
1 Running
2 Baseball
2 Swimming

I want Cell A2 to have the list options 1 and 2.
Then if the user selects 1 in Cell A2, I want the user to have the
options Football and Running in Cell B2.

Regards,
Ciarán

Ciarán

Populating a data validation list based on criteria

Simple when you know how...

That worked perfectly.

Cheers,
Ciarán