-   -   Copying result of formula into another worksheet??? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22230-copying-result-formula-into-another-worksheet.html)

Amanda

Copying result of formula into another worksheet???

I am having problems copying a formula result into another wksht if the
formula is not used...hard to explain...

D10=Sum(A1:A5)

I want to transfer D10 to wksht Data E12, however if there is no data in
A1:A5, I want E12 to remain blank.

It looks like it is reading the formula, so it places a "0" or a "-"....

Any ideas?

Barb R.

Tools - Options - View

Turn off zero values should get you part of the way.

"Amanda" wrote:

I am having problems copying a formula result into another wksht if the
formula is not used...hard to explain...

D10=Sum(A1:A5)

I want to transfer D10 to wksht Data E12, however if there is no data in
A1:A5, I want E12 to remain blank.

It looks like it is reading the formula, so it places a "0" or a "-"....

Any ideas?

Chip Pearson

Amanda,

Try a formula like

=IF(COUNT(A1:A5)=0,"",SUM(A1:A5))

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Amanda" wrote in message
I am having problems copying a formula result into another wksht
if the
formula is not used...hard to explain...

D10=Sum(A1:A5)

I want to transfer D10 to wksht Data E12, however if there is
no data in
A1:A5, I want E12 to remain blank.

It looks like it is reading the formula, so it places a "0" or
a "-"....

Any ideas?

Amanda

Thanks! That worked!!