-   -   hide cell contents and make it reappear (Excel) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22226-hide-cell-contents-make-reappear-excel.html)

Dave

hide cell contents and make it reappear (Excel)

I need to hide the contents of a column of cells and make each corrisponding
cell contents reappear when another cell value changes from "current" to
"overdue"

CarlosAntenna

=IF(<reference cell="overdue",<your formula here,"")

-- Carlos

"Dave" wrote in message
I need to hide the contents of a column of cells and make each

corrisponding
cell contents reappear when another cell value changes from "current" to
"overdue"

roadkill

Dave
If I understand you right, you don't want the whole column hidden (so that
the column headings skip from C to E, for example), you just don't want the
values visible until some other cell changes to read "overdue". If this is
correct, I suggest changing the font color of the cells you want invisible to
the same color as their background (which probably means white). Then use
conditional formatting on these cells to cause the font to change to a
visible color (red?) based on the appropriate cell containing "overdue".

Hope this helps.

Will

"Dave" wrote:

I need to hide the contents of a column of cells and make each corrisponding
cell contents reappear when another cell value changes from "current" to
"overdue"

Gord Dibben

Use Conditional Formatting on the cells.

Select the cells to change.

FormatConditional FormattingFormula is:

=A1="current" where A1 is the cell with "current" or "overdue"

FormatFontWhite

Gord Dibben Excel MVP