-   -   Sorting one column effecting the whole sheet. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/222108-sorting-one-column-effecting-whole-sheet.html)

Sorting one column effecting the whole sheet.

I have a membership list for a group that has the member's name, address,
email . . . and the date they signed up as a member.

How do I sort all of the information for members, ie, the entire row, by one
column, the date column.

thanks

xlmate

Sorting one column effecting the whole sheet.

On menu bar
Data Sort
select Date
choose Ascending or Descending
check with Header row under My Data range has

--
Hope this is helpful

Appreciate that you provide your feedback by clicking the Yes button below
if this post have helped you.

Thank You

cheers, francis

"A" wrote:

I have a membership list for a group that has the member's name, address,
email . . . and the date they signed up as a member.

How do I sort all of the information for members, ie, the entire row, by one
column, the date column.

thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Sorting one column effecting the whole sheet.

Select the range you want to sort (including all the relevant rows &
columns) before you Sort. Don't let Excel guess what you want to include.
--
David Biddulph