-   -   Summing only the highlighed cells in a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/222079-summing-only-highlighed-cells-column.html)

RJSads

Summing only the highlighed cells in a column

I am hightlighting certain items in a column(Dollar format). I need to sum
only the items that are highlighed. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks

Bob Umlas[_3_]

Summing only the highlighed cells in a column

You can look at the resulting total in the status bar toward the right;
You can assign a name to the selection then use =SUM(ThatName) somewhere.

"RJSads" wrote in message
I am hightlighting certain items in a column(Dollar format). I need to sum
only the items that are highlighed. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks

dlw

Summing only the highlighed cells in a column

if you want the sum in a cell, in that cell, type =sum( then start
<ctrlclicking the cells you want sum, and the references will be created