-   -   Automatically filling fields (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/221927-automatically-filling-fields.html)

answerproject

Automatically filling fields

I'm putting together a form on Excel for compiling financial information from
13 project partners. I want to make it as simple as possible, so ideally
want all the information that flows directly from who's filling in the form
to be inserted automatically. Is this possible?
i.e. when they select their name from a dropdown list, the fields relating
to address, country, allocated budget, etc are automatically filled in.

Thanks for any help.

Don Guillett

Automatically filling fields

You could probably get away with just using VLOOKUP from a table with the
data.
=vlookup(name,lookuprange,2,0)
=vlookup(name,lookuprange,3,0)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"answerproject" wrote in message
I'm putting together a form on Excel for compiling financial information
from
13 project partners. I want to make it as simple as possible, so ideally
want all the information that flows directly from who's filling in the
form
to be inserted automatically. Is this possible?
i.e. when they select their name from a dropdown list, the fields relating
to address, country, allocated budget, etc are automatically filled in.

Thanks for any help.

answerproject

Automatically filling fields

Many thanks Don - that (well HLOOKUP) seems to be just the ticket.
Appreciate the help.