-   -   My alpha keys are not working. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/221814-my-alpha-keys-not-working.html)

robglohazel

My alpha keys are not working.

I was trying to fill in my expenses for the day on my expense spreadsheet but
I am unable to type any letter (alpha character). My numeric characters are
OK. Example: I type "e", it comes up as "."; "b" comes up as "x"; "c" comes
up as "j"; "d" comes up as "e"; etc. How can I resolve this problem?

David Biddulph[_2_]

My alpha keys are not working.

Have a look in Tools/ Autocorrect options, and see whether someone has been
playing about with your machine.
--
David Biddulph

robglohazel wrote:
I was trying to fill in my expenses for the day on my expense
spreadsheet but I am unable to type any letter (alpha character). My
numeric characters are OK. Example: I type "e", it comes up as ".";
"b" comes up as "x"; "c" comes up as "j"; "d" comes up as "e"; etc.
How can I resolve this problem?

Jim Cone[_2_]

My alpha keys are not working.

Probably a long shot, but the alternative keyboard language settings
can create a real haywire keyboard...
http://groups.google.com/group/micro... 622bebbb8fafc
--
Jim Cone