-   -   How do I copy a Word text file into Excel in a way that each char. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22175-how-do-i-copy-word-text-file-into-excel-way-each-char.html)

Newtech programmer

How do I copy a Word text file into Excel in a way that each char.

How do I copy a Word text file into Excel in a way that each character ends
up in a separate Excel cell?

Dave Peterson

Paste each line into column A.
Then put this in B1:
=MID($A1,COLUMN()-1,1)
drag to the right (as far as you need--but you've only got 256 total columns)
and drag down the range

--

Dave Peterson

Newtech programmer