-   -   prevent a user leaving a blank cell in excel2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22160-prevent-user-leaving-blank-cell-excel2003.html)

Ian Varty

prevent a user leaving a blank cell in excel2003

I want to be able to prevent a user not filling in a required cell in a
worksheet. Anyone got any ideas?

Widemonk

Like in another thread, i think the key would be when the users tries to
leave the page.

Try this in VBA:-
Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
If Range("a1") < True Then
Worksheets("sheet1").Select
MsgBox "You have not completed all the details.", vbCritical, "Incomplete
detail"

It wont stop users switching to another workbook, but if you wanted it to,
you could put a similar thing into the workbook module too.