-   -   How do I lock the color palette? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/221512-how-do-i-lock-color-palette.html)

Venus

How do I lock the color palette?

For the last few days the color palette on my Excel spreadsheets kept
changing even though I haven't done anything to it. I now have some
bizarre/non-standard colors on the palette.Is there a way to get the palette
back to the standard colors, and locking it?

veryeavy

How do I lock the color palette?

Hi all,

Coincidentally I too have a similar problem and have lost most of my pastel
colors which are so useful for highlighting purposes.

So any help provided will be twice as useful :-)

Thanks in advance from me too!

Cheers,

Matt

"Venus" wrote:

For the last few days the color palette on my Excel spreadsheets kept
changing even though I haven't done anything to it. I now have some
bizarre/non-standard colors on the palette.Is there a way to get the palette
back to the standard colors, and locking it?

veryeavy

How do I lock the color palette?

Sorry all - Try Tools Options Colors Reset, Venus.

Would still love to know what causes palette to change like this!

"Venus" wrote:

For the last few days the color palette on my Excel spreadsheets kept
changing even though I haven't done anything to it. I now have some
bizarre/non-standard colors on the palette.Is there a way to get the palette
back to the standard colors, and locking it?

exceluserforeman

How do I lock the color palette?

Maybe your pastel colours are ones you have created in the Modify Option?

I think the Modify option only applies to the workbook thet were modified for.

"Venus" wrote:

For the last few days the color palette on my Excel spreadsheets kept
changing even though I haven't done anything to it. I now have some
bizarre/non-standard colors on the palette.Is there a way to get the palette
back to the standard colors, and locking it?

veryeavy

How do I lock the color palette?

Nope - I have always been perfectly happy with my default options and they
changed this morning without any undue provocation from me ...

"Venus" wrote:

For the last few days the color palette on my Excel spreadsheets kept
changing even though I haven't done anything to it. I now have some
bizarre/non-standard colors on the palette.Is there a way to get the palette
back to the standard colors, and locking it?

Venus

How do I lock the color palette?

I've tried "Tools - Options - Colors - Reset" and it doesn't bring back the
standard color palette. It looks like it only happens to some worksheets
sometimes, but it gets stuck in that color palette once it changes. Any other
ideas? (I've also checked for macros, and there aren't any on those
spreadsheets.)

Thanks!