-   -   Copy and paste between workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/221426-copy-paste-between-workbooks.html)

Keith

Copy and paste between workbooks

I cannot copy and paste between workbooks or use the format painter between
workbooks in excel 2007.

I don't think I am running multiple instances of excel. I have tried opening
excel and then dragging the two files into excel to open them.

Eduardo

Copy and paste between workbooks

Hi,
Check if your workbooks are not protected

"keith" wrote:

I cannot copy and paste between workbooks or use the format painter between
workbooks in excel 2007.

I don't think I am running multiple instances of excel. I have tried opening
excel and then dragging the two files into excel to open them.

Keith

Copy and paste between workbooks

No, they are not protected.

I can copy individual cell contents, if I use the edit box.

I cannot copy entire cells or ranges of cells. It is functioning just like
it does if multiple copies of excel are running.