-   -   Using countif based on values of cells in other columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/221216-using-countif-based-values-cells-other-columns.html)

bmac

Using countif based on values of cells in other columns

Hello, I would like the count the number of times the number "4" appears in
column D only when the value "F" appears in the same row in column B. I don't
want to sum the 4 values, I just want to count them.

Any help appreciated,

BMAC

Pimamedic

Using countif based on values of cells in other columns

=COUNT(if A1:A6=f,4,0)

Change the range as needed

"bmac" wrote:

Hello, I would like the count the number of times the number "4" appears in
column D only when the value "F" appears in the same row in column B. I don't
want to sum the 4 values, I just want to count them.

Any help appreciated,

BMAC

T. Valko

Using countif based on values of cells in other columns

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B10="F"),--(D1:D10=4))

Better to use cells to hold the criteria:

F1 = F
G1 = 4

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B10=F1),--(D1:D10=G1))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"bmac" wrote in message
Hello, I would like the count the number of times the number "4" appears
in
column D only when the value "F" appears in the same row in column B. I
don't
want to sum the 4 values, I just want to count them.

Any help appreciated,

BMAC

bmac

Using countif based on values of cells in other columns

Sorry, but I don't understand. I have a multi column spreadsheet with other
data not required for the calculation. In column B I have values like N, C,
F, etc. in rows 2-130. In column. In column D I have values like 4, 3, 2, 1,
or 0. I want to be able to count the instances of "4" in column D when there
is an F in column B.

Thanks for your time,

"Pimamedic" wrote:

=COUNT(if A1:A6=f,4,0)

Change the range as needed

"bmac" wrote:

Hello, I would like the count the number of times the number "4" appears in
column D only when the value "F" appears in the same row in column B. I don't
want to sum the 4 values, I just want to count them.

Any help appreciated,

BMAC

bmac

Using countif based on values of cells in other columns

Perfect!!!!
Thanks much!

"bmac" wrote in message
Hello, I would like the count the number of times the number "4" appears
in
column D only when the value "F" appears in the same row in column B. I
don't
want to sum the 4 values, I just want to count them.

Any help appreciated,

BMAC

Fred Smith[_4_]

Using countif based on values of cells in other columns

Pinamedic,

How is this post helpful? This isn't a Countif function, nor is it an array
function, nor is it a proper If statement, even one that's out of context.
If your intent was to waste the poster's time, you succeeded. However, if
you want to help people, you should test your formula first before posting
it.

Regards,
Fred.

"Pimamedic" wrote in message
=COUNT(if A1:A6=f,4,0)

Change the range as needed

"bmac" wrote:

Hello, I would like the count the number of times the number "4" appears
in
column D only when the value "F" appears in the same row in column B. I
don't
want to sum the 4 values, I just want to count them.

Any help appreciated,

BMAC

T. Valko

Using countif based on values of cells in other columns

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"bmac" wrote in message
Perfect!!!!
Thanks much!

"bmac" wrote in message
Hello, I would like the count the number of times the number "4"
appears
in
column D only when the value "F" appears in the same row in column B. I
don't
want to sum the 4 values, I just want to count them.

Any help appreciated,

BMAC

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Using countif based on values of cells in other columns

Hi,

In 2007:

=COUNTIFS(D:D,4,B:B,"F")

Cheers,