-   -   How do you format a cell to automatically multiply entry times 2? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/221112-how-do-you-format-cell-automatically-multiply-entry-times-2-a.html)

HL Charts

How do you format a cell to automatically multiply entry times 2?

I want to be able to have a set of cells be automatically multiplied times 2.
For exampls, if I type in 2 in the cell, I want it to show up as 4 in that
cell. Is this possible?

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

How do you format a cell to automatically multiply entry times 2?

Hi,

Only if you write a VBA macro. And then the issue would be which cells do
you want the macro to run for? For example if you enter a date, Excel thinks
its a number so would you really want to multiply a date by 2.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"HL Charts" wrote:

I want to be able to have a set of cells be automatically multiplied times 2.
For exampls, if I type in 2 in the cell, I want it to show up as 4 in that
cell. Is this possible?

Bill Sharpe

HL Charts wrote:
I want to be able to have a set of cells be automatically multiplied times 2.
For exampls, if I type in 2 in the cell, I want it to show up as 4 in that
cell. Is this possible?

If you want to put 4 in a cell instead of 2, why don't you just type 4,
he asked facetiously. <g

Bill