-   -   text boxes disappear (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/220936-text-boxes-disappear.html)

vera

text boxes disappear

I'm using excel 2003 SP3. In bar charts my text boxes sometimes disappear. I
make sure to select the chart before I select the text box tool and I can't
drag the text box off the chart so I know it's imbedded. If I click on the
worksheet the text boxes disappear. I've tried sending the chart to the back
& bringing the text boxes to the front. I've also tried to group the text
boxes with the chart, but it will not let me select both the text box & the
chart.

Thanks for your help,
Vera