-   -   Using RTD with multiple instances of excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/220792-using-rtd-multiple-instances-excel.html)

[email protected]

Using RTD with multiple instances of excel

Hi,

I have written an RTD server (.dll) in C# which works beautifully in
one instance of excel.

However, if I open a separate instance of excel I cannot use the RTD
formulae, I get NA#. My understanding, according to this article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284883

was that a new instance of the Server will be created for each
instance of excel when using a dll - so each excel has it's own
callback. This is clearly not the case. Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Rob