-   -   How does one change the sample number. Instead of zero my workshe. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22075-how-does-one-change-sample-number-instead-zero-my-workshe.html)

John

How does one change the sample number. Instead of zero my workshe.

My Excel work sheet displays a -1 when it should read zero. When right click
and go to format cells and number I see that a -1 is in the sample section.
However, I can not change it to zero.

Gord Dibben

John

Why do you think it should read zero?

What value is in the cell? A computed value that you feel should be zero?

If you type in a zero you should see 0

If you type in -1 you will see -1

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:40:02 -0700, "John"
wrote:

My Excel work sheet displays a -1 when it should read zero. When right click
and go to format cells and number I see that a -1 is in the sample section.
However, I can not change it to zero.

JulieD

Hi John

what is in the cell? is it a formula, if so could you copy & paste the
actual formula in your reply post and detail the appropriate cell values
that are feeding into this formula.

--
Cheers
JulieD