-   -   How can I use the tabs in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22074-how-can-i-use-tabs-excel.html)

Micheline

How can I use the tabs in excel

I am entering a text in a cell, and I need to use the TABulations to indent
parts of the text (not all the cell).
1 - like that
2 - all in one cell
THANKS A LOT

Gord Dibben

Micheline

To get two lines in one cell Type

1 - like that

then hit ALT + ENTER to get a line break then type

2 - all in one cell

To indent you must then go to FormatAlignmentHorizontalIndent

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:34:02 -0700, Micheline
wrote:

I am entering a text in a cell, and I need to use the TABulations to indent
parts of the text (not all the cell).
1 - like that
2 - all in one cell
THANKS A LOT

Micheline

Gord,

This will indent the whole cell. I wanted to have a text in the cell not
indented, and then add 2 lines with indentations:
1-like that
2-and the second like that.

Thank you

wrote:

I am entering a text in a cell, and I need to use the TABulations to indent
parts of the text (not all the cell).
1 - like that
2 - all in one cell
THANKS A LOT

Dave Peterson

Excel really doesn't make much of a word processor. You can add a tab in the
cell:

=char(9)&"1-like that"

but excel will only show you a little box.

When I've had to do this, I've just used the space bar. And when I used a font
of courier-new (fixed width), it lines up nicely.

--

Dave Peterson