-   -   How to set Read-Only Recommended as default save in Excel 2002? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22069-how-set-read-only-recommended-default-save-excel-2002-a.html)

flyaj

How to set Read-Only Recommended as default save in Excel 2002?

How do I set Read-Only Recommended as default to save files in Excel 2002?

Thanks.

Gord Dibben

This is not a global option.

Must be done on each workbook.

One way around this is to open a new workbook then save as a Template with the
options you want.

Name the workbook BOOK and save as MS Excel Template(*.xlt)

Do not enter the extension, Excel will do that for you.

Store in your XLSTART folder and it will become the template for all workbooks
when opened via FileNew

Note: this will not affect previously saved workbooks.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP