-   -   locked for editing even though I'm not in it (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22068-locked-editing-even-though-im-not.html)

Sandra

locked for editing even though I'm not in it

HELP!!!

I was in a file that's read only. My network connection crashed and now
nobody can get into my excel file because it says I have it locked. I see no
temp file in the network folder that contains the file.

People are ready to kill me. What can I try?

Robin Hammond

One possible cause is a hidden instance of Excel. Use Alt Ctrl Del to open
the task manager and make sure you don't have two versions of Excel running.

Or try copying the file with a different name.

Or try resetting the attributes on the file by right clicking and having a
look at properties.

Or try rebooting your machine.

Or reboot the server.

Robin Hammond