-   -   zip codes become 0 after merge excel to word (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22063-zip-codes-become-0-after-merge-excel-word.html)

cpoling

zip codes become 0 after merge excel to word

About half the records show up as a 0 in the zip code field after I merge
into Word to create mailing labels. I have reformatted the column to text,
tried formatting as special zip code, but stil about half the records merge
as 0 zip even though there is a 5 digit zip in the Excel file...this is
driving me crazy! I did sort the workbook by zip code for bulk mail. Does
anybody have any suggestions?

Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish posted this:

There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill
has instructions he

http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/...ngWord2002.htm

about half way down the page.

--