-   -   Fixing primary and secondary axis (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/218892-fixing-primary-secondary-axis.html)

chriswilko

Fixing primary and secondary axis

I have a set of data in a chart that on one axis shows percentage data and
the other axis the absoulte values, such as:
Primary Secondary
Period1 5% 100
Period2 -5% -20

How do I fix the axis so the 0 point is the same on both axis (without
manually working it out). This is a chart I want to copy for other data so
would be good to automate it now.

Thanks

smartin

chriswilko wrote:
I have a set of data in a chart that on one axis shows percentage data and
the other axis the absoulte values, such as:
Primary Secondary
Period1 5% 100
Period2 -5% -20

How do I fix the axis so the 0 point is the same on both axis (without
manually working it out). This is a chart I want to copy for other data so
would be good to automate it now.

Thanks

Jon Peltier has a method for this on his site:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html

Herbert Seidenberg

Fixing primary and secondary axis

Excel 2007