-   -   Use Excel to make an update query to another database table? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/21876-use-excel-make-update-query-another-database-table.html)

Reigning in Seattle

Use Excel to make an update query to another database table?

I have a spreadsheet in Excel with information on it that I'd like to update
to a database table (outside of Excel).

I have been using Excel to pull database information in, and now I'd like to
use it to write data to the same table.

To this point I've just been copying the data into an Access table and
creating an update query.

Anyway to get Excel to do this?? Many thanks in advance.

Anthony Slater

Shouldn't you be using a link-table in Access?

"Reigning in Seattle" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet in Excel with information on it that I'd like to update
to a database table (outside of Excel).

I have been using Excel to pull database information in, and now I'd like to
use it to write data to the same table.

To this point I've just been copying the data into an Access table and
creating an update query.

Anyway to get Excel to do this?? Many thanks in advance.

Reigning in Seattle

Yes, I do use a link table with an update query for updating, but I was
hoping to do that straight from Excel without having to copy the data to
Access.