-   -   date to show then end of the week (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/218710-date-show-then-end-week.html)

Pendelfin

date to show then end of the week

Hi

I am trying to carryout some calcualtions on dates to show the day before
the next working day.

Is there a formula I can use so for example if the date is Friday 3 January
2009 it will show Sunday 5 January - or alternativly if easter weekend the
last working day would be Thursday 8 April 2009 so the date shown would be
Monday 12 April 2009?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Gary''s Student

date to show then end of the week

If A1 contains a date, then:

=A1+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A1),0,6,5,4,3,2,1)

will give you the date of the upcoming Sunday
If A1 contains a Sunday, the fomula will return A1

If the Monday following the Sunday is a holiday, then just add one, etc.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200830

"Pendelfin" wrote:

Hi

I am trying to carryout some calcualtions on dates to show the day before
the next working day.

Is there a formula I can use so for example if the date is Friday 3 January
2009 it will show Sunday 5 January - or alternativly if easter weekend the
last working day would be Thursday 8 April 2009 so the date shown would be
Monday 12 April 2009?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Hugh

date to show then end of the week

Thanks Gary.
By changing the "+" to a "-", I was able to use your formula to find the
"week commencing" date for any date entered in A1.