-   -   Excel Opens but no worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/218661-excel-opens-but-no-worksheet.html)

Margy

Excel Opens but no worksheet

Excel 2003 on a Vista Business Desktop. Excel 2003 opens but has no new
worksheet. Have to use Ctrl+N to open a worksheet everytime we open Excel.
Any solution will be much appreciated.
--
Margy
KZN, South Africa

joel

Excel Opens but no worksheet

Check menu option

Tools - OPtions - General - Sheets in New Workbook

Maybe set to zero.

"Margy" wrote:

Excel 2003 on a Vista Business Desktop. Excel 2003 opens but has no new
worksheet. Have to use Ctrl+N to open a worksheet everytime we open Excel.
Any solution will be much appreciated.
--
Margy
KZN, South Africa

Margy

Excel Opens but no worksheet

It is set to 3 sheet in a New Workbook. Thanks for your suggestion - I do
hope you have another idea. Would like to solve this little one.
--
Margy

"Margy" wrote:

Excel 2003 on a Vista Business Desktop. Excel 2003 opens but has no new
worksheet. Have to use Ctrl+N to open a worksheet everytime we open Excel.
Any solution will be much appreciated.
--
Margy
KZN, South Africa

Dave Peterson

Excel Opens but no worksheet

Check your XLStart folder for files that don't belong.

This is also an option you can specify if you use a shortcut (on the
desktop???).

If that's what you're using, you could check to see what that target points to.
If it includes the characters:

/e

Then remove them from the target string.