Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy array formulas

I know the fix is easy, but I can't seem to copy my array formula. In sum, I
am trying to have a column check two other columns. Based on the returned
values, I expect my value. Following is sample data:

AAC Company Type
Coke M113
Pepsi M114
Sprite M115
Cola M116

For instance, if it matches "Coke" and M113, then AAC should have "Widget".
For Pepsi and M114, then AAC might be "Stuff", etc.

On another tab, I have range names to capture the return value. The formula
(which works on a single cell) I have in Col A (AAC) is

{=INDEX(AAC, MATCH(B2&C2,Company&Type,0))}

On the other tab, I have the lookup values (with range names). See following:

AAC Company Type
Widget Coke M113
Stuff Pepsi M114
More Stuff Sprite M115
Books Cola M116
Cans Coke M123
Bottles Pepsi M124
Chairs Sprite M125
Lights Cola M126

Again, my formula works if I use it on one cell (using CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER),
but when I copy to other rows I get the same result as the orginal (copied
cell). I know it is an easy solution, but its not working for me.

I appreciate any help.