-   -   "Format Text Effects" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/218546-format-text-effects.html)

Paul

"Format Text Effects"

A while back I created a spreadsheet and used special text effects for the
title.. like color fill and outline, plus drop shadow. If I right click on
this text, I see an option to "format text effects" which allows me to modify
this.

However, I just created a new spreadsheet and wish to do the same with the
title of this one, but I cannot find this option: there is no "Format Text
Effects" option when I right click the text. Furthermore, I cannot find any
reference to "Format Text Effects" in either the offline or online help.

Anyone know how I can get this again? (using Excel in Office 2007 Home)

--
Paul

Paul

"Format Text Effects"

Ok, I finally figured it out.. the special text effects are only available if
you initially created the text with "Word Art", available under the INSERT -
TEXT menu tab.

Hope this helps someone else, as no one seemed to know the answer for me!

--
Paul