-   -   Blank sheet does not automatically appear on starting Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/218477-blank-sheet-does-not-automatically-appear-starting-excel.html)

Andy

Blank sheet does not automatically appear on starting Excel

It's as if someone closed that initial blank file. I think it's got to do
with XLStart?

I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks for any suggestions.

dan

Blank sheet does not automatically appear on starting Excel

A co-worker had the same problem, not sure if it was the same as you are
having but, Excel like other Office programs have a sort of memory, it some
times depends how it was last closed out. i.e. if the program was open and
the work sheet was minimized when it was closed than when opened later on it
will open the same way. This also true if you have two monitors. Try using
the Switch Windows icon under View, or if your are using two monitors, drag
the excel window manuelly out to view it on the other monitor i.e.. reduce
the window (not minimize) left click and hold the border and drag it out to
the other monitor.