-   -   divide many cells by 1000 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/218308-divide-many-cells-1000-a.html)

[email protected]

divide many cells by 1000

I have a column with 120 entries (numbers). I want to divide all by
1000 and show the new results in the same cells. Please help.

Bernard Liengme

divide many cells by 1000

In a blank cell, enter 1000
Copy this cell
Select the range of numbers to be fixed
Use Edit | Paste Special with Divide specified
Now delete the cell with 1000
Done!
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
I have a column with 120 entries (numbers). I want to divide all by
1000 and show the new results in the same cells. Please help.

Pete_UK

divide many cells by 1000

Choose an empty cell somewhere and put 1000 in that cell. Select the
cell and click <copy, then move your cursor to highlight your 120
cells in the other column, right-click and select Paste Special |
Values (check) | Divide (check) | OK then <Esc.

Then you can delete the cell containing the original 1000.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 29, 12:54*pm, wrote:
I have a column with 120 entries (numbers). I want to divide all by
1000 and show the new results in the same cells. Please help.

Suleman Peerzade[_2_]

divide many cells by 1000

Hi,

Say your data is in cell A1
In cell B1 type =A1/1000
then copy col B and in cell A1 right clickPaste specialcheck the box for
Values onlyOk.
--
_______________________
Click "Yes" if it helps

" wrote:

I have a column with 120 entries (numbers). I want to divide all by
1000 and show the new results in the same cells. Please help.

Suleman Peerzade[_2_]

divide many cells by 1000

you can delete col b after that
--
_______________________
Click "Yes" if it helps

" wrote:

I have a column with 120 entries (numbers). I want to divide all by
1000 and show the new results in the same cells. Please help.

vinstream

divide many cells by 1000

On Jan 29, 12:54*pm, wrote:

I have a column with 120 entries (numbers). I want to divide all by
1000 and show the new results in the same cells. Please help.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks a ton! Problem solved.

Pete_UK

divide many cells by 1000

Glad to help (as others have) - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Jan 29, 3:16*pm, vinstream wrote:
Thanks a ton! Problem solved