-   -   data in formula and how to use pivot table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/218146-data-formula-how-use-pivot-table.html)

ramzi

data in formula and how to use pivot table

Dear All,

My data in formula . How i'm going to use pivot table b'cos pivot table
doesn't recognize my value (results form formula) , he only take as a formula.

e.g.
=[purchase_entry.xls]sale!$B893 and the results is Jan

the pivot table cannot recognise the particular cell as Jan.

muddan madhu

data in formula and how to use pivot table

the cell B893 has date or name "JAN" ?

if it is date and if u are formated as mmm then it wont.

On Jan 28, 1:00*pm, ramzi wrote:
Dear All,

My data in formula . How i'm going to use pivot table b'cos pivot table
doesn't recognize my value (results form formula) , he only take as a formula.

e.g.
=[purchase_entry.xls]sale!$B893 *and the results is Jan

the pivot table cannot recognise the particular cell as Jan.

Max

data in formula and how to use pivot table

=[purchase_entry.xls]sale!$B893 and the results is Jan
the pivot table cannot recognise the particular cell as Jan

One guess is that you want the link to be "seen" as a date?
Try something like this:
= --(1& [purchase_entry.xls]sale!$B893 &2009)
which makes it into an unambiguous date, 1st Jan 2009
--
Max
Singapore

ramzi

data in formula and how to use pivot table

hi Muddan,

i format as mmm...

On Jan 28, 1:00 pm, ramzi wrote:
Dear All,

My data in formula . How i'm going to use pivot table b'cos pivot table
doesn't recognize my value (results form formula) , he only take as a formula.

e.g.
=[purchase_entry.xls]sale!$B893 and the results is Jan

the pivot table cannot recognise the particular cell as Jan.

muddan madhu

data in formula and how to use pivot table

try this
replace formula to

=Text([purchase_entry.xls]sale!$B893,"mmm")

On Jan 28, 2:54*pm, ramzi wrote:
hi Muddan,

i format as mmm...

On Jan 28, 1:00 pm, ramzi wrote:
Dear All,

My data in formula . How i'm going to use pivot table b'cos pivot table
doesn't recognize my value (results form formula) , he only take as a formula.

e.g.
=[purchase_entry.xls]sale!$B893 *and the results is Jan

the pivot table cannot recognise the particular cell as Jan.- Hide quoted text -