-   -   Excel file Size (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/218091-excel-file-size.html)

vijay[_3_]

Excel file Size

Hi
Can anyone tell me how to reduce the size of the excel file? which is having
lot of data with formatting, formula and macros on it.
As I daily need to send across the data to the team members which come in
"2MB" as I want it to be reduce.
help me on this.
--
vijay

Gord Dibben

Excel file Size

First make sure your usedrange on each sheet is what you think it should be.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for how-tos on this.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

You could ZIP it..................I have a 2201KB file which when zipped,
reduces to 204KB

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP