-   -   Worksheet protection vs filters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/21805-worksheet-protection-vs-filters.html)

Paul

Worksheet protection vs filters

Im trying to protect my worksheet to stop other users from buggering it up
but when i protect it the filters dont work. Is there a way of making it
work on excel 2000? I have tried to do it in a macro but when i run it the
password box comes up and I manually have to put the password in so this
doesnt work! any ideas?

Tom Ogilvy

With worksheets("Sheet1")
.Protect UserInterFaceOnly:=True
.enableAutoFilter
End With

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul" wrote in message
Im trying to protect my worksheet to stop other users from buggering it up
but when i protect it the filters dont work. Is there a way of making it
work on excel 2000? I have tried to do it in a macro but when i run it

the
password box comes up and I manually have to put the password in so this
doesnt work! any ideas?

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Paul" wrote in message
Im trying to protect my worksheet to stop other users from buggering it up
but when i protect it the filters dont work. Is there a way of making it
work on excel 2000? I have tried to do it in a macro but when i run it

the
password box comes up and I manually have to put the password in so this
doesnt work! any ideas?

You can protect and unprotect from VBA. Use something like

ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect Password:="Bagheera"
'Your code here
ActiveWorkbook.Protect Structu=True, Windows:=False, Password:="Bagheera"

/Fredrik