-   -   If/Then Rule (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/217895-if-then-rule.html)

Honorbar

If/Then Rule

I want to create a rule that when there is a "yes" answer in a column, that
whole row will remain black in color but when there is a "no" answer in a
column, that whole row will turn grey in color. I know it has got to be a
"If Then" rule but I don't know how to write it. Does anyone have any
tips/guidance on what the rule would look like? Thanks!

Mike H

If/Then Rule

Hi,

You can use conditional formatting.

Select the row then
Format|Conditional format - Formula is - and enter the formula

=$A1="Yes"

Pick a colour
click Add and repeat the above but this time use the formula

=$A1="No"
and pick a different colour

Mike

"Honorbar" wrote:

I want to create a rule that when there is a "yes" answer in a column, that
whole row will remain black in color but when there is a "no" answer in a
column, that whole row will turn grey in color. I know it has got to be a
"If Then" rule but I don't know how to write it. Does anyone have any
tips/guidance on what the rule would look like? Thanks!

Gord Dibben

If/Then Rule

Conditional Formatting

Select the rows you want colored.

FormatCFCondition1Formula is: =$A1="yes" format to black.

Condition2Formula is: =$A1="no" format to gray

Assumes column A is where yes or no will appear.

Adjust to suit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP