-   -   Conditional format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/217867-conditional-format.html)

samy

Conditional format

Hello,

I have column J & B, when ever i type "Completed" in any cell in column J i
want the cell in B to turn green.

--
samy

David Biddulph[_2_]

Conditional format

You need the Formula Is, rather than Cell value Is, option in CF.
--
David Biddulph

"samy" wrote in message

Hello,

I have column J & B, when ever i type "Completed" in any cell in column J
want the cell in B to turn green.
--
samy

Chris_Bode via OfficeKB.com

Conditional format

You have to use conditional formatting to apply format conditions to
a range of cells in Excel, any relative addresses will be converted as Excel
adds the format conditions for all the cells.

Follow the following steps
1. Select Column B
2. Click FormatConditional Formatting€¦
3. Select Formula Is from drop down list
4. Enter formula as :- =$J1:$J100="Completed"
where range may vary on your need
5. Click Format button, select your color then click OK.
6. Now you can use it as expected€¦

Have a happy time€¦..

Chris
------
Convert your Excel spreadsheet into online calculator.
http://www.spreadsheetconverter.com