-   -   Conditional Formatting based on text in another cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/217606-conditional-formatting-based-text-another-cell.html)

Dave Eade

Conditional Formatting based on text in another cell

Hi,

I want to CF the cell A1 based on a text value in Cell F1

Do I just use the CF formula $F1=Cancelled

Cancelled being the test, if true I want A1 formatted?

Dave Curtis[_2_]

Conditional Formatting based on text in another cell

Hi,

Select A1, then go to Format/Conditional formatting, change to Formula Is,
and enter =f1="cancelled" then apply the formatting you want.
You must include the quotes around a text string.

Dave