-   -   Conditional Formating - by row, not by column (Office 2007) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/217600-conditional-formating-row-not-column-office-2007-a.html)

BP

Conditional Formating - by row, not by column (Office 2007)

Hi. I have a spreadsheet with 100 rows of data. There are drop downs in
columns M-P. I want to do conditional formatting by row (not column) to
highlight when cells M, N, O or P have duplicate values. I've been able to
get this to work by highlighting a row of those 4 cells one at a time, hiting
conditional formating - highlight duplicate values but I don't want to have
to do this for every row like this. I haven't been able to figure out how to
copy this down so the conditional formatting looks across only and not down
for repeat values. Help would be appreciate. Thanks!

JE McGimpsey

Conditional Formating - by row, not by column (Office 2007)

One way:

Select M:P. Assuming M1 is active:

CF1: Formula is =COUNTIF(OFFSET($M1,,,1,4),M1)1