-   -   Copying information returned by using Sub Totals (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/217446-copying-information-returned-using-sub-totals.html)

Louise

Copying information returned by using Sub Totals

Hi all

I have a large worksheet and have added a few sub totals to it. I have
collapsed the data to the level I require and need to send this data to a
colleague, however, I do not want them to see the rest of the information.

If I simply copy and paste the worksheet, it copies the info in the
background too.

Is it possible to copy only the information you can actually see on the
screen?

Any urgent help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Louise

Eduardo

Copying information returned by using Sub Totals

Hi Louise,

Hide the detail rows
Select the range you want to copy
EditGoto
Click the [Special Cells] button
Select: Visible Cells

EditCopy

"Louise" wrote:

Hi all

I have a large worksheet and have added a few sub totals to it. I have
collapsed the data to the level I require and need to send this data to a
colleague, however, I do not want them to see the rest of the information.

If I simply copy and paste the worksheet, it copies the info in the
background too.

Is it possible to copy only the information you can actually see on the
screen?

Any urgent help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Louise

Steven

Copying information returned by using Sub Totals

Louise,

It certainly is possible!
Select the entire area you wish to copy
CTRL +G and click Special
Select the "visible cells only" option and press OK
When you copy and paste only the visible results of your subtotals
will appear.

regards,

Stevne

Louise

Copying information returned by using Sub Totals

Fantastic! I knew there must be a way, I never thought of that.

Thank you.
Louise