Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default macro to label last point for selected series only

i have the lastpointlabel macro from jon pielter for the active chart, it is
possible also to label last point to a selected series only. appreciate any
help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this revision to Jon's code.

'--------------
Sub LastPointLabel()
Dim mySrs As Series
Dim iPts As Long
Dim bLabeled As Boolean

If ActiveChart Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Select a chart and try again.", vbExclamation, "No Chart
Selected"
Else
If TypeOf Selection Is Series Then
bLabeled = False
Set mySrs = Selection
With mySrs
For iPts = .Points.Count To 1 Step -1
If bLabeled Then
' handle error if point isn't plotted
On Error Resume Next
' remove existing label if it's not the last point
mySrs.Points(iPts).HasDataLabel = False
On Error GoTo 0
Else
' handle error if point isn't plotted
On Error Resume Next
' add label
mySrs.Points(iPts).ApplyDataLabels _
ShowSeriesName:=True, _
AutoText:=True, LegendKey:=False
bLabeled = (Err.Number = 0)
On Error GoTo 0
End If
Next
End With
Else
For Each mySrs In ActiveChart.SeriesCollection
bLabeled = False
With mySrs
For iPts = .Points.Count To 1 Step -1
If bLabeled Then
' handle error if point isn't plotted
On Error Resume Next
' remove existing label if it's not the last
point
mySrs.Points(iPts).HasDataLabel = False
On Error GoTo 0
Else