-   -   Date Format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/217283-date-format.html)

Celtic Warrior

Date Format

How do I convert a date format from dd.mm.yy to dd/mm/yy?

Any help appreciated

James

Date Format

"Celtic Warrior" wrote:

How do I convert a date format from dd.mm.yy to dd/mm/yy?

Any help appreciated

Highlight the cell/cells you want to format. Then click
Format/Cells/Number/Date and choose the type you want displayed.

Gary''s Student

Date Format

Select the cell(s) and Format Cells... Number Custom dd/mm/yy
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200828

"Celtic Warrior" wrote:

How do I convert a date format from dd.mm.yy to dd/mm/yy?

Any help appreciated

James

Date Format

You'll first have to use the replace function in Excel to change the dots "."
to "/"
then format the the cells as mentioned previously. The replace function can
be found under the Edit menu or use the shortcut Ctrl H. Highlight only the
cells that have the dd.mm.yy otherwise all the "." will change to "/".

"Celtic Warrior" wrote:

How do I convert a date format from dd.mm.yy to dd/mm/yy?

Any help appreciated

James

Date Format

Forgot to mention that Excel does not recognise dd.mm.yy as a date.

"Celtic Warrior" wrote:

How do I convert a date format from dd.mm.yy to dd/mm/yy?

Any help appreciated

Celtic Warrior[_2_]

Date Format

Thanks guys for the quick response but no luck with your solution.

Warrior.

"Celtic Warrior" wrote:

How do I convert a date format from dd.mm.yy to dd/mm/yy?

Any help appreciated

James

Date Format

Have you used the replace function under the Edit menu? That alone should do
what you want if what's in your cells is input as dd.mm.yy.

"Celtic Warrior" wrote:

How do I convert a date format from dd.mm.yy to dd/mm/yy?

Any help appreciated

Gary''s Student

Date Format

With 25.12.08 in cell A1, in B1 enter:

=DATE(RIGHT(A1,2)+2000,MID(A1,4,2),LEFT(A1,2)) displays a real date
and
=SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","/") to display a text date
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200828

"Celtic Warrior" wrote:

How do I convert a date format from dd.mm.yy to dd/mm/yy?

Any help appreciated

Gord Dibben

Date Format

DataText to ColumnsNextNextColumn Data FormatDMYFinish.

Works for me in Excel 2003 with your example data.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Celtic Warrior" wrote:

How do I convert a date format from dd.mm.yy to dd/mm/yy?

Any help appreciated

Celtic Warrior[_2_]

Date Format

Thanks everyone esp Gary & Gord. Job Done.

Warrior