-   -   Excel 2007 Viewer and Excel 2003 co-exist? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/217217-excel-2007-viewer-excel-2003-co-exist.html)

Tom Wall

Excel 2007 Viewer and Excel 2003 co-exist?

Can the Excel 2007 Viewer and Office/Excel 2003 co-exist so I can open 07
files with the viewer and 2003 with Excel 2003? I have a marketing firm
sending Excel 2007 docs and when they are being converted it prompts that the
file wil be viewed in a diminshed capacity or something to that effect.
Since this is marketing pieces others will see I need to ensure we see
exactly what the document will look like.

Sheeloo[_3_]

Excel 2007 Viewer and Excel 2003 co-exist?

Yes, they can. Of course it depends upon what exactly you mean by co-existence.

In fact I had both Excel 2003 and 2007 on the same system for more than a
year.

"Tom Wall" wrote:

Can the Excel 2007 Viewer and Office/Excel 2003 co-exist so I can open 07
files with the viewer and 2003 with Excel 2003? I have a marketing firm
sending Excel 2007 docs and when they are being converted it prompts that the
file wil be viewed in a diminshed capacity or something to that effect.
Since this is marketing pieces others will see I need to ensure we see
exactly what the document will look like.

Tom Wall[_2_]

Excel 2007 Viewer and Excel 2003 co-exist?

What I meant by co-exist is this. I need to be sure that the Excel 2007
Viewer will render the entire page as it is created to look and looks on a
system running Excel 2007. If the two products conflict or dumb down the
graphics or layout, then for my purposes they do not co-exist.

"Tom Wall" wrote:

Can the Excel 2007 Viewer and Office/Excel 2003 co-exist so I can open 07
files with the viewer and 2003 with Excel 2003? I have a marketing firm
sending Excel 2007 docs and when they are being converted it prompts that the
file wil be viewed in a diminshed capacity or something to that effect.
Since this is marketing pieces others will see I need to ensure we see
exactly what the document will look like.

Sheeloo

Excel 2007 Viewer and Excel 2003 co-exist?

They 'co-exist'...

As per my understanding Excel Viewer 2007 is designed to work with that
requirement in mind...