-   -   Number Format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/217138-number-format.html)

Nikki

Number Format

Does anyone know how I could automatically format a number to change from
1,776,176 to 1,776? I can insert a round number but it doesn't drop the 000's.

Thanks

Bernard Liengme

Number Format

Use custom format 0,; to show thousands
Or 0,,; to show millions

Remember that this will NOT alter the stored value, only the display
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Nikki" wrote in message
Does anyone know how I could automatically format a number to change from
1,776,176 to 1,776? I can insert a round number but it doesn't drop the
000's.

Thanks

Suleman Peerzade[_2_]

Number Format

Hi,
Use this
=ROUND(A1/1000,0)
change the cell reference as it suits you
--
Click "Yes" if it helps