Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default find and replace within a hyperlink

I use Office 2003. I have an excel workbook with tabs from '1st' thru '31st'
for each day of the month. I set up an excel calendar with a hyperlink from
the '1st' day in my calendar to tab '1st' in my workbook. I then copied the
link to each day in the month. Now I need to 'find and replace' so that each
day in my calendar will link to the corresponding tab in my workbook (2nd,
3rd, etc). When I try to 'find and replace', I get a pop up that says
microsoft cannot find a match. Is it possible to use find and replace in
hyperlinks? 'preciate any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you used a formula (HYPERLINK formula) to get the hyperlink?

In Find and Replace dialog box there is a drop-dwon called Look in... choose
the appropriate option there.

"DebC" wrote:

I use Office 2003. I have an excel workbook with tabs from '1st' thru '31st'
for each day of the month. I set up an excel calendar with a hyperlink from
the '1st' day in my calendar to tab '1st' in my workbook. I then copied the
link to each day in the month. Now I need to 'find and replace' so that each
day in my calendar will link to the corresponding tab in my workbook (2nd,
3rd, etc). When I try to 'find and replace', I get a pop up that says
microsoft cannot find a match. Is it possible to use find and replace in
hyperlinks? 'preciate any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe my problem may lie in the fact that I have both a formula and a
hyperlink within my cells. I deleted my formula and the find and replace
worked for the hyperlink. Wonder if it's possible to have my cake and eat it
too?
(Again, I truly appreciate your replying, and your help)

"DebC" wrote:

I use Office 2003. I have an excel workbook with tabs from '1st' thru '31st'
for each day of the month. I set up an excel calendar with a hyperlink from
the '1st' day in my calendar to tab '1st' in my workbook. I then copied the
link to each day in the month. Now I need to 'find and replace' so that each
day in my calendar will link to the corresponding tab in my workbook (2nd,
3rd, etc). When I try to 'find and replace', I get a pop up that says
microsoft cannot find a match. Is it possible to use find and replace in
hyperlinks? 'preciate any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did not get the mail.

add @hotmail.com to my id to_sheeloo

Also what do you want to replace and with what? You must have mentioned this
in your mail.