-   -   Sum Formula To For Every 8th Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/216971-sum-formula-every-8th-cell.html)

bbibib

Sum Formula To For Every 8th Cell

Hi,

I have a worksheet with 400 tables in, all identical, and I want to
add up A2, A10 A18 etc.

Is there a way I can do this in a formula to save going to every 8th
cell manually to add up?

Thanks

Max

Sum Formula To For Every 8th Cell

One way
In say, B2:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(A2:A100),8)=2),A2:A100)
Adapt the range to suit
--
Max
Singapore
"bbibib" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with 400 tables in, all identical, and I want to
add up A2, A10 A18 etc.

Is there a way I can do this in a formula to save going to every 8th
cell manually to add up?

Thanks

bbibib

Sum Formula To For Every 8th Cell

Thanks - there are 4 numbers below each cells I want count so is it
that that is stopping it from working?

It works if I have clean spreadsheet with only the cells I want
populated.

Rob.

Max

Sum Formula To For Every 8th Cell

I'm not sure what happened/how you applied/adapted the earlier expression,
as it should add up only A2, A10, A18, etc as specified in your original
post, skipping the contents of all other cells in-between. Did you apply it
as-is? Or you changed the expression? Copy n paste the exact formula that
you are using.