-   -   Conditional Formatting - more than 3 conditions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/216959-conditional-formatting-more-than-3-conditions.html)

LinLin

Conditional Formatting - more than 3 conditions

Is it possible to do a form of conditional formatting where you have more
than 3 conditions?
I had a quick look through the existing solutions in the discussion group
but I get the impression the answer is no....

And if it is yes, it's not using the Conditional Formatting tool but maybe
VBA?
thanks!

Sheeloo[_3_]

Conditional Formatting - more than 3 conditions

In Excel 2007 you can have more than three conditions but earlier versions
have a limit of three...

What people do is use three conditions through conditional formatting and
three through Cell Formatting (which is much more limited)

"LinLin" wrote:

Is it possible to do a form of conditional formatting where you have more
than 3 conditions?
I had a quick look through the existing solutions in the discussion group
but I get the impression the answer is no....

And if it is yes, it's not using the Conditional Formatting tool but maybe
VBA?
thanks!

JB

Conditional Formatting - more than 3 conditions

With VBA:

List of Task named Colors:

Work1
Work2
Work3
Holiday
Misc

Color cell depend of string character :

If Not Intersect([planning], Target) Is Nothing Then
On Error Resume Next
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = [Colors].Find(Target,
LookAt:=xlWhole).Interior.ColorIndex

http://cjoint.com/?bvh020SAOP

JB
http://boisgontierjacques.free.fr

On 19 jan, 06:07, LinLin wrote:
Is it possible to do a form of conditional formatting where you have more
than 3 conditions?
I had a quick look through the existing solutions in the discussion group
but I get the impression the answer is no....

And if it is yes, it's not using the Conditional Formatting tool but maybe
VBA?
thanks!

JB

Conditional Formatting - more than 3 conditions

http://cjoint.com/?bvindAD8Gp

JB

On 19 jan, 07:54, JB wrote:
With VBA:

List of Task named Colors:

Work1
Work2
Work3
Holiday
Misc

Color cell depend of string character :

*If Not Intersect([planning], Target) Is Nothing Then
* *On Error Resume Next
* *Target.Interior.ColorIndex = [Colors].Find(Target,
LookAt:=xlWhole).Interior.ColorIndex
* End If
End Sub

On 19 jan, 06:07, LinLin wrote:

Is it possible to do a form of conditional formatting where you have more
than 3 conditions?
I had a quick look through the existing solutions in the discussion group
but I get the impression the answer is no....

And if it is yes, it's not using the Conditional Formatting tool but maybe
VBA?
thanks!- Masquer le texte des messages précédents -

- Afficher le texte des messages précédents -

LinLin

Conditional Formatting - more than 3 conditions

Merci beaucoup pour la rèponse!

Je suis très heureux!

Vous êtes très gentil .

"JB" wrote: