-   -   Highlighting reaccuring info in a spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/216942-highlighting-reaccuring-info-spreadsheet.html)

wmead

Highlighting reaccuring info in a spreadsheet

How would I be able to highlight information in a spreadsheet that is
repeated through out the spreadsheet?
e.g.

acc# name due date start date
111 tm 1/12 1/10 <---------
222 np 11/08 10/08
333 cm 1/13 2/3
111 tm 3/4 2/5 <---------
444 sm 1/2 9/2

How would I highlight or format or mark in some way the two lines I have
arrows on. Notice that the dates are different but the other stuff is the
same. This is a simple example I have over 700 rows I have to go through and
there is over 20 columns of info for each row. I know over a hundred of these
rows repeat and I need to highlight them in some way. Any help would be
greatly apreciated.

P.S.
Sorting and then highlighting by clicking on the reacurring items is not an
option.

Fred Smith[_4_]

Highlighting reaccuring info in a spreadsheet

The general way to do this is to count the duplicate occurrences. Use a
formula like:
=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$1000=A1),--($B$1:$B$1000=B1))
and copy it down.

Now filter all the results greater than zero. Or set a conditional format
based on value 0.

Regards,
Fred

<---------
444 sm 1/2 9/2

How would I highlight or format or mark in some way the two lines I have
arrows on. Notice that the dates are different but the other stuff is the
same. This is a simple example I have over 700 rows I have to go through
and
there is over 20 columns of info for each row. I know over a hundred of
these
rows repeat and I need to highlight them in some way. Any help would be
greatly apreciated.

P.S.
Sorting and then highlighting by clicking on the reacurring items is not
an
option.

wmead

Highlighting reaccuring info in a spreadsheet

I knew there was a formula I could use. Thank you so very much.