-   -   Slight "save" annoyance (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/21684-slight-%22save%22-annoyance.html)

marcy

Slight "save" annoyance

Can anyone tell me why when I open a file which I received via email and
select "save as", the filename automatically is preceded by "Copy of" and
then the filename itself? Is there some way to prevent this?

I know it's not a big deal but I can't tell you how many times I have had to
re-name a file not having cuaght this the first time I am saving it over to
my own documents folder.

Thanks in advance...

Don Guillett

save it before you open it

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"marcy" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me why when I open a file which I received via email and
select "save as", the filename automatically is preceded by "Copy of" and
then the filename itself? Is there some way to prevent this?

I know it's not a big deal but I can't tell you how many times I have had

re-name a file not having cuaght this the first time I am saving it over

my own documents folder.

Thanks in advance...

marcy

So simple...it's always the obvious that is overlooked.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

save it before you open it

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"marcy" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me why when I open a file which I received via email and
select "save as", the filename automatically is preceded by "Copy of" and
then the filename itself? Is there some way to prevent this?

I know it's not a big deal but I can't tell you how many times I have had

re-name a file not having cuaght this the first time I am saving it over

my own documents folder.

Thanks in advance...

Don Guillett

glad to help

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"marcy" wrote in message
So simple...it's always the obvious that is overlooked.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

save it before you open it

--
Don Guillett