-   -   import data into existing excel file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/216605-import-data-into-existing-excel-file.html)

Erik

import data into existing excel file

I need to import an excel worksheet from one file into another one. I know
how to do this, but my file has about 16 rows of data at the top that never
changes and needs to stay. It also has 4 rows of information that need to
stay at the end (basic calculations are in these rows that are based on the
imported data). So, I need to import data and insert between the rows
existing, but when I try to import, it will import the data and insert at row
16 (like I need it to), but it erases everything else. How can I import data
so that it will paste between my upper rows (1-16) and the 4 rows of data
that need to be at the end.