-   -   If function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/216577-if-function.html)

Sullu

If function

Hi,

I have this table with me and want to use if function the requirement is if
a roll number has less than 40 marks it should be shown as failed in the next
column.
Any help

Roll No Maths Phy
1 90 30
2 67 70
3 56 50
4 45 47
5 23 78

Suleman Peerzade[_2_]

If function

try this,
=IF(AND(H3=40,H3=40),"Passed","Failed")

--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade

"Sullu" wrote:

Hi,

I have this table with me and want to use if function the requirement is if
a roll number has less than 40 marks it should be shown as failed in the next
column.
Any help

Roll No Maths Phy
1 90 30
2 67 70
3 56 50
4 45 47
5 23 78

Sullu

If function

Thanks a ton this is work as required

"Sullu" wrote:

Hi,

I have this table with me and want to use if function the requirement is if
a roll number has less than 40 marks it should be shown as failed in the next
column.
Any help

Roll No Maths Phy
1 90 30
2 67 70
3 56 50
4 45 47
5 23 78

David Biddulph[_2_]

If function

Isn't that just saying =IF(H3=40,"Passed","Failed") ?
I don't think the AND is doing anything there?
--
David Biddulph

"Suleman Peerzade" wrote in
message ...