-   -   How to find a worksheet by its name in a workbook? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/216534-how-find-worksheet-its-name-workbook.html)

Alchemist

How to find a worksheet by its name in a workbook?

Dear All:

I have a workbook where every day about 10 new sheets are added.
After I open the workbook how I can find a specific sheet by using the name
on the Tab of the sheet?

Please help!

Thanks!

Dave Peterson

How to find a worksheet by its name in a workbook?

You could rightclick on the VCR/DVD like controls to the left of the horizontal
scroll bar.

You'll see a list of sheets popup where you can select the one you want (or
choose to see more, then choose).

Or use Ron de Bruin's xl2007 addin:
http://contextures.com/xlToolbar01b.html
(on Debra Dalgleish's site)

--

Dave Peterson

Gary''s Student

How to find a worksheet by its name in a workbook?

I assume that you know the name of the sheet you want to find. Consider
always opening to a special index sheet. In column A of this sheet is a list
of all the other sheets. We can alphabetize this list whenever we want.
Each cell in the column will be a hyperlink to the corresponding sheet.

One click and there you are.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200826