-   -   Can only open one window with excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/216379-can-only-open-one-window-excel.html)

William

Can only open one window with excel

I am trying to open two excel files at the same time so I can view them
side-by-side. I open one, but when I open the second it simply replaces the
one that is open in the same window, and the view side-by-side doesn't work.
This has never happened before and I can't figure it out. Help!? Thanks.
--
William

Bob I

Can only open one window with excel

Select "Arrange All" (Excel 2007)

William wrote:

I am trying to open two excel files at the same time so I can view them
side-by-side. I open one, but when I open the second it simply replaces the
one that is open in the same window, and the view side-by-side doesn't work.
This has never happened before and I can't figure it out. Help!? Thanks.

William

Can only open one window with excel

Thanks, worked perfectly.
--
William

William wrote:

I am trying to open two excel files at the same time so I can view them
side-by-side. I open one, but when I open the second it simply replaces the
one that is open in the same window, and the view side-by-side doesn't work.
This has never happened before and I can't figure it out. Help!? Thanks.

Gord Dibben

Can only open one window with excel

WindowNew Window

WindowArrangeVertical.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:53:01 -0800, William
wrote:

I am trying to open two excel files at the same time so I can view them
side-by-side. I open one, but when I open the second it simply replaces the
one that is open in the same window, and the view side-by-side doesn't work.
This has never happened before and I can't figure it out. Help!? Thanks.

Bob I

Can only open one window with excel

You're welcome, have a great day!

William wrote: